BH,'Happy Allan' has been off work this week and we have been out and about. Also, I have been a busy bee, I have :-
- been for two interviews (more about that later)
- seen the Chiropractor twice,
- took some disabled friends to see the Blood Brothers musical at our local opera house - which was fab...
- took others to see the War Tunnels (previously called The German Underground Hospital) which were buit during the German occupation of the island. It's pretty cold in there and quite sad, though very interesting ....
- put highlights in my friends hair
- played tennis
- went to look at a possibility for an organic vegetable patch - not suitable
- went walking
- went on a cycle ride
- searched town for new work clothes
- took Ayurvedic doctor out for an evening walk
- what else - oh ate too many lunches out and afternoon tea and cake.
We cycled from home up hill to St Martins (without stopping to walk I might add) were we visited Ransoms Garden Centre with the sole purpose of having a big piece of cake and a pot of tea in the Garden Tea Room. Ransoms is one of THE places to visit for afternoon tea.
In order to feel a little less guilty we did walk around the garden centre on the pretence that we were interested in looking at the garden furniture, plants, animal food stuffs, fish, clothes, fencing, granite Buddhas etc. In actual fact we were both incredibly thirsty and peckish and just wanted to get to the tea rooms. I chose banoffee pie whilst BH chose cheesecake. Each piece was so large and sweet we should have shared one. We have eyes too big for our bellies.
Back on our bikes for the cycle home we passed via Gorey. Gorey is on the east coast of the island and has a very pretty harbour overlooked by Mont Orgueil Castle.
The castle has under gone some very sympathetic renovation and recently reopened. I visited in June with my brother who was on holiday, here are some photos taken then.
From the back of the Castle
From the front of the castle
Looking down from the topmost tower to Gorey harbour.
The interior of the castle is pretty interesting too; I will share that with you at a later date.
Back to cycling. Here are some photos taken of the ride back along the coast to home. As you will see the tide goes out such a long way . Gorey has a sandy beach but as you come around the coast from east to south it gets very rocky (tourism of Jersey arrange evening moon walks around this part of the island).
Here is a photo from further round the coast looking back to the castle.
And another looking away from the castle, out to Le Rocque and the more rocky area.
On the job front.
On Tuesday I went off to The Boathouse restaurant for my interview, I was there for an hour and a half and thought it went very well. I was offered the position that afternoon.
I also went for another interview on Thursday morning with a lawyer firm, in fact where BH works. It was a role for project work within IT which I have done before and thought might be interesting. This job was a full time position so not for me.
I have now accepted the Boathouse position and on Monday will be driving out to St Aubin harbour to start my new job.
Yippee, I will have money again for the first time in 4 years.